Junior Herd Builder
The Junior Herd Builder Program is open to FFA or 4-H members currently enrolled in 8th-12th grade.
Participants will develop a pen of heifers for the purpose of future production or sale. Participants will be responsible for securing three (3) heifers of similar age and genetics to develop through the beef production cycle utilizing the UGA Extension Beef Management Calendar as a guide.
- Expose youth to the beef industry of Georgia
- Educate and serve the beef industry of Georgia
- Enhance leadership, decision-making and management skills of youth participants
- Promote animal and environmental stewardship
- Program Registration Deadline: September 9, 2022
- Orientation: September 12, 2022
- Module Deadline: October 21, 2022
- Live Animal Deadline: November 11, 2022
- Recordbook Deadline: May 1, 2023
- Live Program Evaluation: May 12, 2023
Informational Zoom Video Below