Junior Herd Builder
The Junior Herd Builder Program is open to FFA or 4-H members currently enrolled in 8th-12th grade.
Participants will develop a pen of heifers for the purpose of future production or sale. Participants will be responsible for securing three (3) heifers of similar age and genetics to develop through the beef production cycle utilizing the UGA Extension Beef Management Calendar as a guide.
- Expose youth to the beef industry of Georgia
- Educate and serve the beef industry of Georgia
- Enhance leadership, decision-making and management skills of youth participants
- Develop heifers which are source identified and genetically verified
- Promote animal and environmental stewardship
- Program Registration Deadline: September 14, 2020
- Orientation: September 15, 2020
- Module Deadline: November 2, 2020
- Live Animal Deadline: November 16, 2020
- Recordbook Deadline: May 7, 2021
- Live Program Evaluation: May 21, 2021